In our latest podcast, “Talks with Turquoise,” Luke Jackson, a senior associate at Turquoise International, interviews Neil Ross Russell, the co-founder and managing director of Net Zero Now.
As the UN Climate Change Conference, COP 28, unfolds in the UAE, how can small and medium-sized businesses best prepare for a net-zero future? Net Zero Now, a carbon accounting and climate action platform, helps businesses measure, manage and reduce their carbon emissions. Employing a distinctive sector-specific strategy, the platform leverages the influence of prominent brands and trade associations to drive sector-wide transformation. This approach ensures that businesses, regardless of size, have access to established and effective climate action tools.
Net Zero Now’s partners include industry bodies such as The Law Society, ICEAW, ACCA, AAT, TechNation, Tech UK, CISI and The Sustainable Restaurant Association; as well as and multiple corporate brand partners including Coca Cola, L’Oreal, Liontrust Asset Management and Pernod Ricard.
Net Zero Now’s user-friendly digital platform mirrors the specifics outlined in each sector protocol, offering businesses step-by-step guidance on the path to Net Zero. The platform’s tools enable businesses to compute, mitigate, and offset their greenhouse gas emissions, ensuring they can deliver reliable and uniform carbon reporting. This process establishes a distinct competitive edge, further emphasised by the inclusion of Net Zero Now’s registered Certification Marks.
In this podcast, Neil and Luke discuss:
- The inspiration behind Net Zero Now, driven by the realisation that achieving net-zero targets requires inclusive participation – especially from smaller businesses
- How the founders recognised the need for an affordable and credible alternative for businesses unable to afford comprehensive consulting solutions
- The sector-specific approach of Net Zero Now and the importance of tailoring solutions to the unique activities and resource consumption of each business
- Neil’s experiences of working with clients such as Subway and Edgbaston, showcasing the platform’s ability to capture granular data and offer real-time insights
- How businesses, particularly in sectors like hospitality, can use a climate focus as a powerful talent acquisition and retention driver
Luke Jackson comments: “As COP 28 unfolds, the need for small and medium-sized businesses to prepare for a net-zero future has never been more apparent. This podcast serves as an invaluable resource for businesses looking to navigate the journey to net zero – offering insights, strategies, and success stories from the forefront of the climate action.”
Turquoise has invested in Net Zero Now via the Low Carbon Innovation Fund 2 (LCIF2), managed by Turquoise.
To listen to the podcast, visit https://shorturl.at/mnCFU.